The New Rules of Money
We thought credit cards were a good thing! We thought our homes would always go up in value! We thought we’d always have a job…or be able to get one, fast. We thought the stock market was our friend in planning for retirement. How the rules have changed and how your approach to money needs to change to adapt to today’s recessionary world—and the rebound!
In this keynote presentation, Carmen Wong Ulrich provides you with the tools to rebound, rebuild, and invest with confidence. Learn about:
- Credit card company showdowns: How to use your credit today and after the new regulations take effect next spring.
- Managing your mortgage: How and why it is no longer a piggy bank; why you should not pre-pay your mortgage; how to get the right mortgage (the Three C’s); when it makes sense to refinance; when it makes sense to rent.
- Investing without fear: How to know where to put your money, fix your ailing retirement mix, and rebuild.
From Broke to Brilliant: About Money!
Carmen Wong Ulrich has been there, a college grad, graduate school grad and flat broke. In debt up to her eyeballs, Wong Ulrich turned her financial life around. Now, in educational and entertaining keynote speeches, she shows audiences how to see the light at the end of the tunnel and build the road there.
In this content rich keynote, Wong Ulrich will teach audiences about:
- Managing debt—student loans to credit cards: Why and how your credit history impacts the rest of your life
- How to build and maintain great credit: These are the years to do it!
- When it makes sense to go to graduate school—and how to pay for it
- Putting together your cash flow with free online tools and communities
- Where to bank
- Why and how to save for retirement: From 401k’s to Roth’s, and IRA’s
- Credit card pay-down, the right way
- Managing student loans: Where to find free money to help pay the bills
Women & Money
Women not only still earn 80 cents on the dollar compared to men, but their Social Security checks are almost 40% smaller and they're out of the workforce longer to take care of children and parents. In "Women & Money", keynote speaker and financial expert Carmen Wong Ulrich discusses how women can make peace with money and why and how women should take control of their finances. Wong Ulrich discusses how to talk to your partner or spouse about money and why you need to be involved—no matter how good he/she is. How to manage the childcare costs vs. work battle (hint: it’s about more than money!) and why and how planning for our retirement is more important than planning for our kids' college.
The Color of Money
Based on her experiences growing up in a community of color (Black, Hispanic, Asian) and immigrants, combined with her masters in psychology and expertise in personal finance, Carmen Wong Ulrich reveals the destructive money-lessons that we learn growing up that hold us back from living the best lives we can live. From the allure of 'bling' and misuse of credit, to a disdain of banking and fear of investing, Wong Ulrich offers the tools and knowledge to combat our subconscious tendencies, money habits that hold us back from building wealth, and teach audiences how to talk to their kids and family about money. In this content rich keynote speech, audiences will learn how to live within your means, how and where to save money, how and where to save for retirement, and how to buy a home, the right way.
Mind Over Money
In this keynote speech, Carmen Wong Ulrich discusses what we value and how we feel about our lives and ourselves. She examines how to find out what’s holding you back from making the changes you need to make to live the life you want to live. To do this, you must know your 'money-type' and how it works for or against you: money as reward, money as punishment, and money as control. Wong Ulrich will teach your audience what happens when big, bad decisions based on emotion cost us big bucks through self-assessment, forming goals, and providing tips to overcome what’s holding you back financially.
The Real Cost of Living: Making the Best Choices for You, Your Life & Your Money