Crisis Management Expert, Author & Inspiration for Scandal
For more than 25 years, Ms. Smith has counseled presidents and world leaders through global crises, advised Fortune 50 CEOs through complex challenges, and helped manage the reputations of some of the world’s highest-profile individuals. In 1993, she founded Smith & Company, a strategic advisory firm considered to be one of the top crisis firms in the world, that has offices in Washington D.C., Los Angeles, New York and London. Read More >
How to Protect Your Company's Brand: Getting Ahead of a Crisis
Crisis in the Age of Social Media
Advice from 'Good Self, Bad Self'
There Is No Timetable For Success
The Situation Room: Lance Armstrong's Doping Scandal
• From Competition to Collaboration
• Women’s Empowerment- Being a woman in a leadership position can come with its own unique set of challenges. How do you get ahead while still remaining authentic? How can you be assertive without being perceived as aggressive? How do I balance work and life? How do I ask for a raise? Judy addresses these tough questions and more in a session offering valuable tips on how to overcome challenges and use your position of power as an opportunity to make a difference.
• Challenges & Opportunities in a Position of Power
• Preparing to Lead with Authenticity
• How to Handle a High-Profile Media Case
• Winning in the court of Public Opinion- The media landscape has forced the legal community to rethink its often uneasy relationship. This session goes behind the headlines of some of the biggest legal cases of our age to demonstrate that what goes on outside the courtroom is just as important as what goes on inside. Utilizing her unique background as a prosecutor and media expert, Judy provides tips and strategies on what it takes to win in the court of public opinion.
• Leading Through Crisis: What Every Leader Should Know - They found out. It’s not working. They won’t listen. It’s all over. Now what? As America’s number-one crisis management expert, Judy is on speed-dial for some of the most high profile celebrities, politicians and corporations in the world. Here she gives a step-by-step plan outlining her sharply honed strategies for turning a crisis into a redefining moment.
• Surviving and Thriving in an Era of Perpetual Crisis
• Social Justice: Moving from conversation to meaningful implementation
• COVID-19: Turning Crisis into Opportunity
• It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint
• For many workers, no matter what age, trying to plan a future path to success is an overwhelming task that can easily feel like a crisis. Here Judy explains why you don't have to have it all figured out overnight, and why taking your sweet time building a career has its own unique benefits. Through personal stories of her path to success, Judy offers valuable advice on the importance of preparation, personal brand management and how to overcome challenges.
• The importance of Protecting and Establishing Your Brand: A company’s brand is its most valuable asset; protecting that brand must be a company's ultimate goal, whether it's under fire from a cyber-threat, product recall or other crisis. This session will arm the corporate communicator with the best practices and strategies to help ensure that a company's reputation remains secure.
• Managing a State of Change
• Diversity & Inclusion
• How to Protect Your Company’s Brand: Preventing, Preparing & Prevailing During a Crisis- A company’s brand is its most valuable asset; protecting that brand must be a company's ultimate goal, whether it's under fire from a cyber-threat, product recall or other crisis. This session will arm the corporate communicator with the best practices and strategies to help ensure that a company's reputation remains secure.
• Social Media Revolution or Evolution: When news stories go viral, social media has become a game-changer in the world of corporate communication. This session will offer tips and strategies on how to successfully navigate a crisis and effectively communicate your message in the digital age.
"The response to Judy was extremely positive from everyone I spoke to—board members as well as other conference attendees. She was dynamic, on point and very approachable to all those who wanted to talk to her. Thank you for suggesting her as an option."
"Judy did an amazing job! She was extremely engaging during her Q&A segment and had a really great message to offer, which we felt really resonated well with the students. The event was extremely entertaining and catered to a variety of audiences including fans of the show Scandal as well as law students, students interested in communications, and even diversity and women's advocates. Overall, the night was definitely a success!! A big thank you to everyone at APB for working with us to put on this event. You have all been so helpful throughout the entire process, and it has been a pleasure working with your agency. Thanks so much!"
"Judy was a terrific addition to our programming this year. She was really very nice, and I think the crowd responded to her so well in part because she was so approachable. Her comments and stories were very interesting and insightful."
"It was great! Everyone who attended felt as if she was very humble and a great speaker. They loved how interactive she was and how she related to us. Bringing her to The University of Central Florida was a great decision!"
"Judy Smith has a profound understanding of human nature, and we’re fortunate that she’s sharing what she knows about the importance of balance in our lives. Good Self, Bad Self isn’t just about getting out of a crisis once you’re in one--it’s a powerful, inspiring book that will help you better understand yourself in every situation."
"This book is for everyone. Every person, at some point in his or her life, has desperately wished for sound, experienced guidance while trying to navigate the treacherous waters of a personal or professional crisis, be it large or small. With GOOD SELF, BAD SELF, crisis manager extraordinaire Judy Smith provides clear and concise instructions for how to recognize our individual strengths and weaknesses and how to handle those dire situations. Those of us lucky enough to know Judy Smith wish we could take her and her wit, wisdom and expertise everywhere with us. With GOOD SELF, BAD SELF now we finally can!"
"Judy Smith is a very savvy problem solver, and she’s incredibly tough. I’ve seen her handle head-strong clients and also senior producers of major television shows, and in each case, she was in command and relentless in working to implement her strategies. I hope to continue to watch her work her magic from afar, and never to need her services as a client."
"Judy Smith has been doling out practical, no nonsense advice for over 20 years to her clients and her friends. Good Self, Bad Self is Judy in book form. Having worked with Judy and one her clients over the course of several months, I got to witness her style and effectiveness first hand. She is detailed, thorough, relentless, frank, and smart. Her course of action while strategic is also very thoughtful, and client-sensitive."
"Judy Smith and her team are a reference encyclopedia of knowledge combined with experience that can command, guide, handle, influence, instruct, steer, supervise, and take overall charge of media relations with laser sharp understanding of the complex issues of law, medicine and forensic science."
Email Your List
You’ve reached your maximum number of speakers for this list.
Email Your List