Lying on a bed paralyzed, with a bullet hole in his chest, Mike promised that if he survived, he would share his unique story all over the world and help as many people as he could. This is happening! Read More >
Mike knows that the most important part of any meeting or organization is the people. Whether speaking to a global financial corporation or a community medical facility, he has seen their results change when the beliefs of their people change. He inspires real people, with real problems, to respond differently; teaching that attitude is not a mood, but a position we take regardless of circumstances. That is his specialty!
Obviously Mike has had a few challenges in his life. But he also has a few Olympic gold medals, a few college degrees, has written a few books, runs a few successful businesses, has a few passions and has a few kids (five to be exact). This is all possible because he “walks the talk” (or rolls the scroll).
Throughout the years, Mike has utilized his vast knowledge and experience in delivering inspirational messages to a host of industries and organizations, including:
- Financial Institutions - Mike has his life, health and securities licenses. He has served as a managing partner in a financial planning firm, and has his MBA from Arizona State University giving him credibility in the financial industry. He has had much success inspiring and motivating sales forces and support personnel within these organizations.
- Healthcare - Mike has a background in Healthcare - His personal experiences with nurses, doctors and therapists not only saved his life, but also pointed him to a career in healthcare. He served as the Director of Rehabilitation for Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City for 10 years, giving him credibility with audiences in the healthcare arena.
- Business – Mike’s message is a perfect fit for both large and small corporations who are forced to make changes to adapt and thrive in today’s shifting world. Through entertaining and personal stories, Mike teaches: If you resist change - you fail. If you accept change - you survive. If you create change - you succeed!
- Safety - Mike’s story is a moving and powerful example of the importance of safety. At the age of 15 Mike was shot in the chest, by a friend, at point blank range; paralyzing 2/3 of his body. Mike faces challenges daily because of the split second decision that was made in regards to safety or the lack thereof. His compelling message changes the way people think about carelessness and the magnitude of their decisions in the work place.
Read Less ^
- Education - Mike comes from a family of professional educators. He taught Liberal Arts at Arizona State University while earning his MBA. More importantly, the core of Mike’s presentation pivots around the support he received from his friends, teachers, and family as he put his life back together.