Resiliency & Leadership Expert, Author & Speaker
Eileen McDargh is founder and CEO of the consulting firm, The Resiliency Group (a division of McDargh Communications). Organizations like Cisco, Novartis, Oracle, and Procter & Gamble hire her firm to teach them ways of building resilient leadership teams and workplaces. Read More >
Succeeding in a Culture of Change
Introducing Eileen McDargh
This program is designed to open a conversation about what we can do as individuals and professionals, as employees and managers, to move from pandemic panic to realistic responses. Fear paralyzes us. Clear thinking moves us. Read More >
• Guidance through the accurate definition of resilience and begin to explore actions to take in cultivating four critical resilience skills: adaptability, agility, laughability, and alignment.
• How it all begins with YOU—what conversations you are having with yourself and what emotions arise as a result?
• We’ll talk about the power of the present and how to develop intelligent optimism. Action is the antidote for anxiety, and you’ll be guided on how to control the controllable.
• Walk away with at least three concrete actions you can take today! Read Less ^
In May 2019, the World Health Organization declared burnout as a global occupational hazard with specific symptoms and warnings. Enter COVID 19 and an upside-down world. Burnout has become even stronger and insidious. Remote workforces, physical distancing, and dependency on virtual communication provide their own potential for burnout. You’ll experience why Eileen has also been called a HOPE merchant, filling minds with positivity, laugh-ability and DO-ability. Discover ways individuals and organizations impact burnout and what to do about it. Come away with at least 3 action items to implement today to control the flames.
Gather women together and you have an energy source to light even the darkest corners of the world. Eileen puts a match to that energy. We can learn to be heroines of our own story and leaders shaping tomorrow for all our children. This is your time to refresh, realign, reawaken, reflect, refuel, regenerate, rejoice, release, remember and renew. Read More >
Participants will learn:
• About the POWER of choice.
• To understand The POWER of who you are, what you know and what you have done.
• About the POWER of PRESENCE – PERSONAL vs. SOCIAL.
• How to use PASSION to leverage your career to match your authentic self.
• HOW TO PLAY… and how to help others enjoy their work and world.
• About your PURPOSE: the bigger picture. Why am I here, and what do I leave behind? Read Less ^
A good career fit is not like squeezing into Spanx. Nope! It means thinking, listening, and sensing where, when and how to craft actions that bring you from good work to great work! The result: you feel GREAT and you stop the busywork and start the work that matters. It begins from the inside out. Read More >
In this session, you will:
• Discover the difference between UGH work, Good Work and GREAT work.
• Explore through exercises how to identify what is uniquely YOUR authentic work.
• Learn how to ask for what you want and three possible steps to leverage you into your GREAT/Authentic work.
• Understand the difference between a mentor and a sponsor.
• Explore the six qualities of charisma and how to develop these qualities so that you attract people to you and your authentic work. Read Less ^
Make no mistake—everyone works—whether for free or fee!
How can you work smart and live happier? Is it even possible to have work/life balance in this fast-paced, frantic world? From senior executives to front line employees, this issue is key to the changing nature of America's workforce and today's world.
We hear about the need to balance personal and work priorities, but how do you go from burned out to fired up? How can we juggle the many responsibilities and demands on our busy lives?
In this insightful and interactive program, you will:
• Understand why traditional models of balance no longer work in these times of change.
• Discover how to conduct your own “CAT” scan of life.
• Acquire the skills to “sail” within the five critical areas of living.
• Create your own action plan for juggling the demands of your fast-paced life.
• Develop personal strategies for creating “a life by design, not be default”.
• Learn at least three methods for effective self-management and self-improvement that you can put to work immediately.
Surprises are the new normal. Change is the new constant. Stress and burnout have reached epidemic proportions. Yet, not all is lost. Using the book Your Resiliency GPS: A Guide for Growing through Life and Work author and professional speaker Eileen McDargh will guide your audience on a different path. Read More >
This workshop is for everyone from the leaders of Fortune 100 companies to small business owners to the unemployed. Workshop pricing includes a copy of Your Resiliency GPS for each participant.
Based upon the length of the presentation, participants will:
• Cultivate PREresilience skills in order to be pro-active about change.
• Learn to see opportunities where others see only barriers.
• Learn a four-part model for methodically tackling the tough issues you currently face.
• Learn how to use Growth Potential Strategies (GPS) to get you to where you want to go.
• …. Recalculating Questions. Read Less ^
Radically turbulent times demand professional and personal responses that transcend our regular work and life patterns. It’s not about happy faces on mirrors and mantras on coffee mugs. It’s not about hanging on while holding back. It’s about times when you feel someone ate your cheese, drained the swamp, and went from great to less-than-good. How can professionals cope with change while staying focused on their jobs and organization goals? The answer is resiliency – the ability to find the inner strength to grow through a set-back, challenge or opportunity. Read More >
Radical resilience requires the courage to challenge, commit, and contribute in ways that positively impact both today as well as many tomorrows. Based upon the length of the presentation, participants will:
• Discover how to grow the skills of adaptability, agility, laugh-ability, and alignment for producing results that put YOU in control of your ship.
• Learn a four-part model for methodically tackling the tough issues you currently face.
• Explore what great leaders do to inspire teams to stay in the game and thrive. (And it has NOTHING to do with money!) Get them energized, actualized, authorized, and gratified.
• Develop a personal legacy leadership goal that defies downturns and disappointments. Read Less ^
• At the end of the day, our very success hinges on relationships. These relationships grow or die based on a skill too often we forget: CONVERSATION. How meaningful are yours?
• The proliferation of cell phones and the glut of chat rooms show us what society yearns for: meaningful human connection, community, and the value of relationships.
• The pace of change, the lure of dazzling technology, and the speed of life have created the opposite. The most human of all connections is conversation – an internal and external event that has become blurred. We’ve forgotten how to talk to each other – if in fact some of us ever knew. In many instances, we have never been taught how to listen. At the deepest level, we’ve probably never stopped long enough to even listen to ourselves.
• And at times of crisis, these conversations become even more important. This presentation explores a model for understanding and growing the conversations we have with ourselves and with each other so that everyone becomes fully engaged in the work we are tasked to do. And you’ll also celebrate the power of humor to connect. Be prepared to think, laugh, and learn. Read More >
"Our event absolutely spectacular! Judging from the buzz during the event and the written evaluations, I can safely say this was our most successful event ever (our eighth). The credit for starting the day off on the right note goes to you. You certainly did your homework and provided a perfect fit in presentation style, content, and audience appropriateness. The goal of the conference, which was to facilitate women to integrate new and healthy lifestyle behaviors into their daily lives was enhanced by your strong and motivating message."
"Eileen McDargh delivered the opening presentation to a full day Compliance Conference organized by First National Bank of Omaha with high-level employees in attendence. Eileen energized the audience with her opening presentation, “Radical Resiliency: Transforming in Changing Times.” Eileen was able to relate to the audience with very powerful, positive messages that set the right tone for the rest of the day. Several executives reached out to me to describe what a powerful impact Eileen’s opening remarks had on them and how important they thought would be for them to have Eileen speak to their teams. Throughout the planning process for the conference Eileen was very interested in our company, our audience, and our goals. She was very responsive, reliable, and proactive."
"Thank you, once again, for the excellent presentation that you gave to the Michigan Department of Transportation Leaders at the Leadership Conference. The verbal comments we received were all very positive and enthusiastic and the conference has been rated as the best ever. Your energetic presentation first thing in the morning, was the perfect way to energize the conference and to get the participants thinking about how to become a better leader. You also did an excellent job weaving our Director’s position comments into your custom designed."
"Eileen McDargh served as the opening keynote at our recent 15th annual patient safety conference. Her talk on resilience was inspiring and energizing. Participants were thrilled with the talk and one participant that has attended for years commented that Eileen was “the best opening keynote you have ever had!” I highly recommend her as a speaker."
"As our keynote closer you provided the big extra that everyone took home. Your two seminars and your early arrival set the stage so that you were indeed part of the family and the attendees could feel that. Your ratings clearly reflected that your message was received and appreciated. We are thrilled with the results of training almost 1,300 attendees. Your three appearances reached almost half of these and they not only took you in as part of their family but gave you the highest rating of all the speakers."
"How great it was to work with you and how impressive it was that you tailored your keynote session for our program. I am so glad you were able to join us a day earlier and that you used your time wisely while you were in Louisville… sitting in on the Friday morning keynote speaker, visiting with our members, staff, committee and sponsors, and joining us for the Comedy Hour. Many speakers remain in their guest rooms, but certainly you see the value in networking with our attendees and immersing yourself in our program. Your hard work and dedication certainly paid off in your presentation to our members."
"I especially am appreciative that you attended the whole conference and participated in order to better understand your audience. It showed in the way you incorporated the messages that were woven throughout the breakout sessions into your program. It was a thoughtful and purposeful way to engage our members in a way that connected them to you and your message! Very powerful!"
"You are such an amazing woman—your optimism and vibrancy is refreshing and infectious. You were such a fantastic component of our Women's Business Forum. You are the first standing ovation in six years from a very seasoned and analytical group of senior executive women representing a wide variety of industries. Thank you!"
"We are a team of critical care nurses who provide education in healthcare settings to end-users of our patient monitoring products. As nurses, we are inherently resistant to change. Your book is fantastic and will not only be a great gift to my team, but also a source of encouragement as we maneuver through these times. Thank you so much."
"Your dynamic, thought-provoking presentation really prompted us to reassess our thinking, and more importantly, our acting. Not only did you touch on our problems head-on, you also gave us down-to-earth, important ways to make our lives better, less stressful, and self-directed. The participant evaluations for your presentation were outstanding. Everyone loved you and rightly so; you gave us a sense of direction!"
"All I can say is WOW!! Your message, style, and pace for our Work/Life Balance Event were absolutely perfect! … I truly look forward to working with you more…”
"Everyone seemed to identify with what you were saying, and your integration of the ‘Microsoft-eze’ that you incorporated in such a short time was incredible!!!"
"Her presentation was insightful, engaging and most importantly made a lasting difference for our global leadership team."
"She was a joy to work with and remains one of the best speakers we’ve ever had."
"Timely, uplifting, necessary, worthwhile, refreshing, fast paced, and lots of fun."
Email Your List
You’ve reached your maximum number of speakers for this list.
Email Your List